Thursday, July 5, 2012

Week 19

As most of you know I (Karlie) am not the cook in this family, Josh is far better in the kitchen so I usually leave the cooking to him.  Recently I wanted to try a new recipe that I found on Pinterest.  Josh took one bite and said it was the best thing I have ever made.  I didn't have molasses so I used Karol Syrup and brown sugar and I didn't have orange concentrate so I used fresh squeezed orange juice.  It was great and SO easy.  And you could easily do chicken instead of pork.  Below is the original recipe or you can click here for step by step directions, enjoy!


Orange Molasses Pork 


2 lbs (6 chops) - thick-cut pork chops
1/4 cup - molasses
1/4 cup - orange juice concentrate
1 Tbsp - apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp - dijon mustard
1/4 tsp - garlic powder
1/2 tsp  - salt
2 Tbsp - vegetable oil


STEP 1: Make the marinade by stirring together the molasses, orange juice concentrate, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt. Place the marinade in a bag, add the chops, and seal tightly. Place in the refrigerator for at least two hours or longer if desired. 

STEP 2: When you're ready to cook the chops, heat 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is very hot (it will look wavy in the pan), add the chops. Cook for about 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through and the marinade has reduced to a thick sauce. No need to pour all of the marinade into the skillet, the amount that comes off of the chops as they cook will be plenty to make a nice sauce. Discard the extra marinade from the bag. Serve hot! 



source

1 comment: