Thursday, May 20, 2010

Banksy in Chicago

Ok, so I know the blog is supposed to be from Karlie AND Josh but she has done all the work until now. Here is my first post, and I think I have chosen an appropriate name for it. :)

Karlie sent me the link from Chicagoist about a cool underground street artist that is new to me and I dig his work. He recently made his first appearence in Chicago and Karlie was not sure where exactly, so I did a little research, turns out his first Chicago piece was done only 1 building from where we just enjoyed some great pasta, Vivo. Anyway, I decided to walk around the Meatpacking District (and yes, it is an ACTUAL Meatpacking area, get your mind out of the gutter) here in Chicago and I found this cool looking piece.




I walked around a bit more and there were some pretty cool photo ops but I think we need to upgrade our camera first. I kinda broke our camera a few years back so our zoom is pretty lame and too much sun gets into the shot, and yet I digress. Here is the link that Karlie sent me and a link to the artist website as well.

Chicagoist link to Banksy

Banksy Website

I am not sure how to end these blog things so....farewell for now.

-j

No comments:

Post a Comment